Fuel Tank Sending Unit (24 volt)
Fits 50-52 M38 (packard, rubber connections)

More Views

Fuel Tank Sending Unit (24 volt)
Fits 50-52 M38 (packard, rubber connections)

New Fuel Tank Sending Unit

Comes complete with mounting gasket. Float sits inside tank to give accurate reading to gauge.

Comes with the correct packard (rubber) style connections.

For 24 volt systems. Proper arm length guaranteed for a sure reading.

50-52 M38

Item # Price

Availability: In stock

Add to Wishlist

Product Videos

Questions & Answers

Sort By: 


Questions: My fuel gauge reads full all the time how do you test the sending unit and I have it out of the tank its on 1952 m38
Question By: Chet Mattox on Oct 20 2018 7:35 PM
You should be able to take an OHMs reader to the sending unit in the tank. I would also check your ground wire as well on the gauge.
Answer By: Willys Jeep Parts Tech on Oct 23 2018 5:40 AM
Questions: I ordered this part for my m38, it's still a 24 volt system and the connector I have is the push and twist type like the rest of the electrical wire connectors. This new part has a rubber piece and not the brass female receptor? How do I proceed?
Question By: Steve schultz on Jul 27 2017 4:05 PM
Sounds like you have the metal douglas connectors. I may have a kit to help you. Please call us toll free. Ask for Mike M.
Answer By: Willys Jeep Parts Tech on Jul 27 2017 9:09 AM
Questions: Do you carry just the gaskets for the fuel sending unit for a 1952 M38? I have a new one and am missing the gasket for some reason.
Question By: Josh on Apr 24 2017 2:15 PM
648927 is the part number for the M38 Jeep.
Answer By: Willys Jeep Parts Tech on Apr 24 2017 8:15 AM
Questions: I need a gastank sending unit 24 volt for my jeep willys CJ3A 1951 , the unit has 3 screws?
Question By: eric on Jan 1 1970 12:00 AM
CJ-3A's were never 24 volt and were always 5 hole mounting to the tank. Please call us toll free. We can help you ID your vehicle and get you the right parts.
Answer By: Willys Tech on Oct 28 2013 12:00 AM
Questions: Hi...I need the fuel and vent line hoses from the gas tank on my M38. These are both threaded. Do you have them or at least know what the thread size is? Thanks
Question By: LA Gordon on Feb 15 2013 12:00 AM
There really are no vent hoses on that vehicle. We do have the fuel lines part number: MS00202
Answer By: Willys Tech on Feb 18 2013 12:00 AM
Questions: I am restoring a 1951 M38 jeep. It has been converted to 12 volt. Will this sending unit (24 volt) work with a 12 volt system, or, do I need a resistor of some sort to deal with the difference in voltage? Thanks
Question By: Don on Apr 7 2011 12:00 AM
You can probably do this yes. You can also order the 5 hole sending unit for a earlier CJ but you will have to lengthen the arm to get a proper reading.
Answer By: Willys Tech on Apr 11 2011 12:00 AM