Save 10% Off Transmission & Transfer Case. Enter FEBTCT10

FREE SHIPPING – orders $98+ See Details

Select Your Currency
  • Africa
  • Americas
  • Asia
  • Europe
  • Oceania
Shop Kaiser Willys

US Made Voltage Regulator 12 volt
Fits 41-71 Jeep & Willys

Part # 923130

New Replacement Voltage Regulator in 12 volt

Made in the USA.

Comes complete ready to plug into your wiring system. Direct replacement for your original corroded regulator.

41-45 MB
41-45 GPW
46-49 CJ-2A
49-53 CJ-3A
53-64 CJ-3B
55-71 CJ-5
50-52 M38
52-66 M38A1
46-64 Truck
46-64 Station Wagon
48-51 Jeepster

Part # Price





Call for Details

Questions & Answers

Please Wait...

Ask Question Add Answer

All questions will be displayed after moderation. All answers will be displayed after moderation.

1961 willys stake truck hurricaine six is this the correct one

Yes that is corect.

If I install the new alternator I bought from you do I still need a voltage regulator or is it in the alternator already

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
No, you do not. It is built in. Thanks

is there any way you would have a diag of how the wires go from the generator, to the regulator ? my wires have been undone for 10 years, found plenty of diag. but none that show just that.. my reg is poss org, i really can't see how they are labeled too thanks so much.

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Please email and we can send instructions.

1958 Wagon. 12 volt conversion. I'm trying to connect this voltage regulator to externally regulated GM alternator. Can It be done? Help.

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
You would have to refer to the manufacturer of your alternator on that to be sure. Most alternators have built in regulators.

12V 1948 CJ2a with externally-grounded field coil generator: I bought this regulator because in my previous one, the circuit breaker portion wasn't working reliably (it was charging OK otherwise when the breaker would close). This new one is not functioning correctly; it never charges, and when the circuit breaker is manually closed the Ammeter indicates that current is reversed, i.e. it shows more load (- Amps) instead of charging (+ Amps). I can put the old voltage regulator back in and it charges ok (again manual circuit breaker close). I've polarized the generator and regulator several times, and confirmed the generator is charging when I jumper the generator field terminal to ground (this causes the new circuit breaker to cycle, but current flows in the correct + direction). Any suggestions? Thanks!

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Please email and we can try to help you in further detail.

How do I polarize a regulator?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
With all wires hooked on voltage regulator - flash bat term to arm or gen term. Run a ground wire to one of the regulator mounting bolts back to battery negative.

This regulator is the same size as the original 6v ones, correct?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Yes, that is correct. Thanks!

I bought the 12-volt conversion kit from y'all awhile back. Way too long to remember all the details. Wiring harness, 12-volt regulator, alternator (I'm pretty sure from you all), coil, solenoid. Everything but the distributor and starter have been upgraded. Do we need the 12-volt regulator for the alternator? I can't remember, but I think I asked this question a long time ago when we purchased the parts. Also, do we need to do anything for the distributor? Let's get this CJ2A finished! Thanks! ~P.

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
The alternator has a built in regulator so you wouldnt need it.

Hi, i have a Jeep Willys CJ-3B and i need to know if Is this voltage regulator for alternator or is it for dynamo? Thanks!!

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
This regulator is be used with the generator. If you bought our alternator, ALT12V, the regulator is internal and isn't needed. Thanks

I completely Restored my 62 Willy’s truck and used your voltage regulator. Was charging fine and now getting 14v in and 10v out. Jeep only has 20 miles since complete resto. Is that a sign of a faulty regulator? The volt meter reads it’s not charging.

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
I would have your generator checked to make sure it is good as well. Please email happy to help out.

I just purchased VOLTAGE REGULATOR 12 VOLT FITS 41-71 JEEP & WILLYS Item # 923130. Do I need to flash generator when I install this one ? Thanks

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
You will need to polarize the regulator itself.

I got four separate wires that go to the voltage regulator on a 67 Willys Jeep which wire goes to which plug on a voltage regulator

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Please email me a picture of your voltage regulator you currently have on your vehicle. and we can help you.

I have a 1950 jeepster 6 volt right now I would like to change to 12 volt with 1 wire alternator what do I have to change on the overdrive system and for the gages

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
I do have solenoids in 12 volt. We can help you. Please call and ask for Mike M.

I have converted my 41-45 MB to 12 volt system with the alternator. What regulator should be used to protect the 6 volt wiring?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
I would check if your alternator doesn't have a built in regulator. That is usually the case. If your 12 volt then you need to run a 12 volt regulator if your alternator doesn't have one. Your wiring is fine.

Does anything else have to be done to either the generator or regulator when replacing the regulator? I've heard talk about polarizing the generator or something along that line?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Yes, you need to polarize. It comes with instructions of how to do so.

I would like to use the original gauges from a 1949 Jeepster with the 12 volt regulator, can that be done?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Yes, you'll have to use drop the voltage to them. Your local napa has a reducer.

How meny AMP is that voltage regulator

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
Has 35 amps. Thanks!

I have a reproduction 50amp gauge and a 12v alternator, do I still need to wire in this regulator?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
If you have an alternator that has a built in regulator no you wouldn't.

I am converting everything to 12V. Do I still need the voltage regulator?

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
You will need a 12 volt regulator unless you purchase the 12 volt alternator which comes with the gauge. Thanks!!

I am restoring a 1962 CJ-5 that has been on hunting ranch for last 25 years I have had a problem with the battery going dead, if I don;t drive it enough. I installed a Mustang Battery on/off switch and it solved my problem for years but now I want to fix it properly. I have replace the wiring harness (for other reasons) and still have the battery problem. It's a slow drain, takes several days maybe a week to go dead. What do you think? I was thinking about replacing either the regulator or starter. Any ideas where to start? Thanks

Willys Jeep Parts Tech:
You will need a milliamp meter. Set it on 100 or 200 and test per the instuctions on the meter. Let us know what amperage draw is. We can go from there to see what the cause is. We need to know the draw amount.

I have this regulator on my 59 wagon l226 - can you tell me where the AMP Light is connected?

Willys Tech:
On a 1959 Willys Station Wagon it would be in the speedometer cluster itself on a red light.

I was told the regulators are adjustable? Is this true and how does one adjust it? Thanks

Willys Tech:
I do believe this is possible, but this new unit would not require any adjustment per se. A local automotive electrician could do it for you.

Is there a way to test a voltage regulator (on a 1968 cj 5) to determine if it still works?

Willys Tech:
You can take it up to your local automotive electrican, they can test easily.

I have a Willys/Hotchkiss that was converted to 24V by the French. I had all the 24V stuff removed and had a number of engine components replaced by modern/NOS for reliability. My mechanic at the time installed a modern alternator that included an internal voltage regulator. I purchased this regulator from you for cosmetics. Despite several mechanics telling me that I do not have to actually hook anything up into the this product, I have come to rely on you all - do I need to hook up this part?

Willys Tech:
I assume you are running 12 volt then. It depends if you are using an alternator or not. If you are your alternator may have one built in internally.

I have a 12v battery and a 12v starter, BUT I have a 6v coil and 6v distributer, so which regulator do I need 12 or 6?

Willys Tech:
Sounds like you need to choose if your going to go all 6V or all 12V.

So does this regulator convert 12v to 6v? I have a 12v battery and 12v starter, I am replacing the ballast and coil, which coil and regulator do I need, 12v or 6v?

Willys Tech:
You will need this 12 volt regulator if your all 12 volt.

I bought this item from you for my 12V MB in order to replace a non-WiIlys regulator ... basically for display purposes. This item is significantly smaller than the 6V version. What is the reason for the smaller size, yet higher volt capability?

Willys Tech:
The MB 45 amp is a totally different design and build. The early MB/GPW regulators were much much larger. This is the proper sized one for 12 volt Willys. All MB's were originally 6 volt and used part number: A1409

I have a 53 Willys Overland Pick-up with 4 cylinder F-head engine. I was getting no spark to the plugs. So, I have replaced the coil, distributor (electronic), spark plug wires, and ignition switch. Can a bad voltage regulator cause no spark to the plugs? Thanks for any info.

Willys Tech:
Yes, I belieive it will cause that as well.

My 53 3A (12 volt system) currently has a four pole voltage regulator (chinese) that has one pole burned out. Your 12 volt looks to have only three poles. What's the difference and do I need to stick with finding a four pole replacement. Vance

Willys Tech:
Ours will be correct for the vehicle. You just double wire one of the junctions.

I have a 6v ignition system and a 12v everything else (best I can tell) 1968 CJ5 2.2L 134 F head. Is this my replacement part?

Willys Tech:
Yes you will need to buy this item and convert it to 12volt.

Can I convert by 24 volt battery system to a 12 volt by just installing a 12 volt regulator? 1953 M38A1 Willys

Willys Tech:
It is a little more complicated than that. You will have to swap out most of your electrical for 12 volt.

Where is the voltage regular located on m-38, 1950 M-38. Has waterproff ignition, if that makes any difference. Thanks, john

Willys Tech:
If you are 12volt it is usually on the inner fender.

My CJ2A is 6 volt. If I purchase this, do I also have to replace the wiring or is the original wiring thick enough to handle 12V?

Willys Tech:
You need to order part number: 923131 if you are 6 volt.
Request Catalog
THANK YOU! Your catalog request has been submitted successfully. Please note:

If your catalog does not arrive within 7-10 business days, call us Toll-Free at (888) 648-4923.

Email Subscription
THANK YOU! You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter.
Contact Form
THANK YOU! Your contact form request has been submitted successfully.
Photo Contest
SUCCESS! Your photo contest entry has been submitted!
Browser warning
The browser you are using to visit our website is no longer supported. For the best browsing experience, please visit us using a different browser.
I understand, close this message